Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID Forum

Lost deck control in Xpress Pro Mojo

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer / Symphony

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael VolkeningLost deck control in Xpress Pro Mojo
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:57:04 pm

New problem on an old system. System specs should be in signature below. Yesterday I got a NO DECK reading in the timecode window in the Capture tool. Usually a quick check to see if everything is routed correctly and/or using the Check Decks button in the Capture tool and/or closing and re-opening the Avid cures this. Not this time. I checked Deck Configuration in the settings tab and noticed these settings: box 1: Direct on COM1 box 2: Firewire on NO PORT linked to Panasonic AJ-D455P, which is the correct videotape machine. I changed the NO PORT in box 2 to Firewire on Avid DNA. This changed the NO DECK message back to my old friend timecode, but now I have no control over the tape deck. I shut down for the day, hoping that a good night’s sleep would magically cure everything, which sometimes happens in computerland. Not this time. Same problem today- no deck control. I can still capture by controlling the deck manually, but that’s no way to edit. Oh, and the following lights are ON on the Mojo: 48KHz, DV, Host, Power. Any ideas?

mikey

Avid Xpress Pro Mojo 5.6.7
WindowsXP 2002
HP Workstation XW8000
2.80 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]