ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator Reflectivity - Reflection on Floor with Alpha

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Holt Adams
ProAnimator Reflectivity - Reflection on Floor with Alpha
on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:21:33 pm

I'm trying to create a reflection of a 3d object (created in ProAnimator) for an After Effects Composition. I have 3D Reflector and can create the reflection on a white solid surface (floor) but have no control over the reflection's falloff since the object is not a Plane or 3D Text (the limitations for 3D Reflector as I understand them). I can create a AE mask layer and control how the reflection looks, but I'm wanting to leverage Zaxworks tool do it......as a learning process.

So, I'm trying to create the reflection in ProAnimator. My problem is that when I set the material properties (Specular and Reflectivity) for the the plane object (floor) to create the reflection......the floor is gray vs pure white. If I set the lighting in ProAnimator so Ambient is turned on to show the floor's white color the reflection is blown out. Is there a way to create reflections in ProAnimator where the reflection is treated similar to how shadows are when you use the Shadow Catcher setting. The results I'm looking for is that the floor that is used to catch the reflection is filtered out (as an alpha channel) so only the reflection and the original 3D object is visible back in AE.

I tried using the various material options (e.g. Standard Color, Absolute...etc) and turning Base Color on and off and also played with Alpha settings.....but was never able to create the results that I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Holt

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]