ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Serpentine: film reel issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alan Langdon
3D Serpentine: film reel issue
on Jul 11, 2011 at 1:38:40 am

Hello. I just bought Serpentine 3D 2.0 and am quickly getting the hang of it.

BUT I am unable to properly map a filmstrip to the serpent. I have a spiral path, going upward, "unravelling". I want to map a film strip texture I have, which is something like 300x1000 pixels.
I understand that the orientation of the texture map (vertical/horizontal) is key here, so I have the map in a vertical fashion.
My issue is that I am unable to get the repetition of the texture right: The Y-repeat is OK, I make the filmstrip repeat along the serpent. But the X- repeat, which I would think needs to be 1x, doesn't seem to accomodate the whole width of the map: I get one side of the filmstrip (the sprockets of the right, say) plus some of the "cell'' (where the film actually is, but I can't seem to squeeze the other sprocket side onto the serpent: the map appears to be wider than the serpent. So I widden the 3D layer that serves as a reference for the serpent, from say 1x30 pixels to 1x50 pixels, but that just stretches the map accross a wider serpent, still cutting off part of the map. What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]