COW Forums : Zaxwerks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

serge
Re: 3d Slate for 3DI?
on May 13, 2006 at 5:23:59 am

Hi Tom,

Glad we could help.

[lasvideo] "I do have Lightwave 8....will Modeller serve the same function and play well with 3DI?)"

I personally use Maya, but I often used Lightwave objects and they worked perfectly with Invigorator. The trick is that you have to comprise your UVW coordinates when you save your object and that you should separate your object in several parts if it needs different textures.

[lasvideo] "Using masks and noise and blurs is
a much better way then just using bitmaps, especially if I want to get close up to it."

You got it! The real power of Invigorator as well as ProAnimator is that they enable you through layer mapping to create all sorts of hi-rez maps (Max: 4000 X 4000) and this, without leaving AE. Furthermore You can animate the maps if necessary.

To avoid slowing down you RAM or final render you should concider saving a still or movie (In case you animated your texture) then replace your rendered file with the original comp. This way AE will not have to work on the effects, lights, masks etc... that you may have used to create your texture.

Salut.
Serge

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]