FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Remote single cam studio

COW Forums : Studio Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Remote single cam studio
on Nov 25, 2019 at 5:15:59 pm

Well, I control a remote PTZ HD camera from 200 miles away via IP. Sony-based, controlled thru the joystick on our Ross carbonate switcher. Due to about a 3-second lag, the camera position presets are your friend. The very fine control is not really there, IMO.

Newtek is all about integrated solutions for a need like yours, and you get so much with the package I think you'd have to consider it.

The concern that I would have is about the type and level of signal compression and the codec used to send green screen HD video back to a remote site for further integration. I mean, the Cable news orgs and networks do it like that on a daily basis, but I'm sensing your budget might not be on the same level. You need green screen as absolutely clean as possible to do the best job. Adding noise or taking resolution hits on multiple encode/decodes thru the various signal chains makes me nervous. To the point where I'd look at how to do the keying *before* sending it back. But that's just me, worrying.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Remote single cam studio by Paul McDonald on Nov 7, 2019 at 9:10:11 pm
    • Re: Remote single cam studio by Mark Suszko on Nov 25, 2019 at 5:15:59 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]