MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Re: Panasonic AG-AF100 and M100

COW Forums : Media 100

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

olof ekbergh
Re: Panasonic AG-AF100 and M100
on Jul 5, 2012 at 4:32:25 pm

Michael, yes I am sorry as well M100 has been my main NLE for 15 years now. It is like an old friend. I still really like it.

But for years now I have used FCP more and more to pre-process media be fore finishing in M100.

Here is why.

I often work on interviews shot in multicam EX3 and EX1R usually. I often have 20-30 hrs of footage that has to be cut down to 20-30 1-3 minute chunks that get added to a new version of a legacy project in M100. These are boating safety videos and we typically shoot 2-3 days in one location interviewing officers about specific laws and problems in their state.

I do a quick assembly of each scene from all the officers usable footage. I then make a TC stamped QT version for the producers to look at and also we use a transcript service to make a text file. The producer then gives me an edl of the clips they want for each scene. I put this together in FCP very quickly and then export each segment to M100 where I add B-roll titles etc, and finish in M100.

For projects like this it is way faster to work natively than to transcode everything (not to mention drive space).

The FCPX magnetic timeline and scrubbing is also lightning fast, I can pick clips and get the on the timeline incredible fast whipping through hours of footage just by scrubbing (and JKL-E), and it plays animated graphics w/o rendering right in the timeline, then renders in the background. So unless M100 has some serious updates I may have to phase it out.

Olof Ekbergh

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]