FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ki Pro Rack as play out deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Anhtu Vu
Ki Pro Rack as play out deck
on Nov 3, 2012 at 6:42:55 am

We are looking a reliable file, flexible and great pic quality file base play out system. I'm curious about the Ki pro Rack and have a few questions.

For film festival we receive files from all over, which means, all possible resolutions (SD and HD), CODECS (DnxHD, Prores, H264, Mpeg2..), different frame rate (25, 29.97, 23.976, 24...). For now, we use a MAcPro with Kona 3 conform everything to a common format then play out via Kona 3 by using the AJA TV. Have tried variuos play out software but i was never 100 % satisfy with its quality, reliability etc..

1- Can the Ki Pro Rack transcode from anything to Prores on the fly in real time or it has to always see Prores or DnxHD.

2- How would you deal with clients walking in 30 minutes before a projection with a file, let say, in H264 / 24p / non full raster resolution ? Can i simply transcode to prores load it into Ki and let it frame convert to 23.976 and up res to 1080 in real time ??

I love to hear more from people using the Ki Pro rack as a play out deck. What is your workflow ? thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]