Re: Ki Pro Mini Troubles

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Bucy
Re: Ki Pro Mini Troubles
on Feb 5, 2012 at 11:42:45 pm

Update on this issue:

I reset the KiPro Mini, using the factory reset command. I hooked up the F3 and powered things the way I usually do. I filled two 64gig CF cards with no errors, starting and stopping record randomly and allowing varying time to pass between recording runs.

So, it would appear, at least as far the last 250 clips recorded, that my problem has been solved.

The only difference in this set up is that I've untethered the KiPro Mini from the F3's timecode. The KPM is recording its own time of day as timecode rather than the RP188 from the F3. Perhaps that was part of the problem. I don't know.

I also recorded the first card without a monitor attached to the KPM SDI out. For the second card I attached my field monitor to see if perhaps it was screwing up the SDI signal somehow. I've wiggled cables, turned it on and off in the middle of recording, and I'm seeing no errors.

I go into the field tomorrow, which will be the real test. But, it would appear a factory reset has eliminated whatever settings and/or incompatibilities have been so much trouble.

-Matt

Matt Bucy
DIrector of Photography
http://www.mattbucy.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]