VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Rule
Re: Timecode issues
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:59:59 am

Ok, so was I misinterpreting that other thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/269/422

It seemed to imply that it was possible:

'[Michael Craven] "I need to know if it's possible to use 1 of the KiPros as my master TC generator and have the others sync to it."

Yes, via LTC this is totally possible.

[Michael Craven] "If I set the "master" KiPro to freerun TC, will it continuously send TC out of the LTC port or only when it is in rec mode?"

Only in Rec, but it doesn't matter as you can use the one Ki to control the rest of the Ki's...read on.

[Michael Craven] "Also, where in the KiPro config would I specify the framerate for the TC?"

Menu number 8.0. You can choose tc in where you can enter the tc value (but only in whole number of hours, so 01:00:00:00 - 23:00:00:00), SDI rp188, LTC or time of day. For the time of day, you can set that parameter in menu 55.6. Once you have that set, you can run 'LTC out' to 'LTC in', in series to each KiPro and turn the other 5 KiPros tc source to LTC and to arm on tc. So that way, you hit record on the maser Ki, and the rest will follow.'

Are you saying this is not the case at all? It certainly isn't working for me.

It would be a very useful feature - especially in the case where you have a master record - and backup or an iso record of another camera. For a simple setup like this it would be nice to be able to do it without the need for a separate TC generator etc.

Thanks,

Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]