FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Rule
Timecode issues
on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:50:35 pm

I seem to be having a few issues with timecode! Apologies if I have missed any discussion on the problem below in other threads - please point me in the right direction.

Running KiPro firmware version 2.0.0.125 on 2 KiPro's. Working in 625i 25 (41.1).

KiPro #1 is master record with 'TC In' set to 'Time of Day' (8.0)

KiPro #2 is iso/backup record - 'TC In' set to 'LTC'

KiPros are connected via coax cable from LTC Out on KiPro #1 to LTC In on KiPro #2. And for the purposes of this, KiPro #2 is being fed SDI In from the SDI Out on KiPro #1 - although in a real situation it may be fed with a different camera as an ISO.

KiPro #2 is also set to 'TC/REC KEY' on the 'Arm Recording' setting (8.3).

All works fine if you play back a clip on KiPro #1 - KiPro #2 starts recording and the timecode is synced - ie KiPro #2 records a copy of the file being played back from KiPro #1 - all good.

But when KiPro #1 is in record mode - recording a signal from a camera/mixer etc - KiPro #2 does nothing ie doesn't start recording - and if the record button is manually pushed, the timecode bears no relation to the timecode on KiPro #1 (the master record set on TOD).

It would seem that KiPro #1 is not outputting TC on the LTC Out when in Record.

I have also tried things the other way around - ie swapping the KiPros - but same result.

I haven't tried the earlier firmware - yet.

I have read through this thread -

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/269/422

and this is essentially what I need to do - but its obviously not working in my situation.

I have tried feeding my camera with the LTC Out from the KiPro. The camera receives no TC when the KiPro is recording - but does when the KiPro is in Playback - so it definitely seems to be a case of no Timecode present when recording.

Is this a problem with the 2.0.0.125 firmware?

If anyone has successfully done this with 2.0.0.125 please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]