FORUMS: list search recent posts

Io XT dual-link playout on a single TB port

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Julik Tarkhanov
Io XT dual-link playout on a single TB port
on Dec 16, 2012 at 1:35:20 pm

I have an Io XT and a Pegasus J2 SSD RAID. The RAID benchmarks to 800 megabytes per second read in a couple of apps I've tested it with (Smoke, Assimilate Scratch...).

When I try to do a playout from Smoke onto an HDCAM-SR deck with dual-link SDI, it drops after a couple of seconds. At the same time, capturing dual-stream (with 10 channels audio no less) is not an issue at all, no drops whatsoever. I am running in 24 psf mode.

I got no tri-level sync unfortunately, but the deck should sync off the input just fine. I have an older MBP with a single TB port, so my storage is daisy-chained via the Io box.

Is this setup supposed to work? Theoretically, even a single TB port should pull it both ways (approx. 300 megs downstream to pull footage from disk and same upstream to do the playout - doesn't get near the cap of 1.1 gigabytes per second especially if that 1.1 is duplex). I am trying to understand whether it is a hardware problem or a software problem specific to the preview beta of Smoke I am running.

Anyone tested this setup?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]