FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Building a FCP/Aja IO HD Workstation

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Building a FCP/Aja IO HD Workstation
on Dec 2, 2007 at 1:27:42 pm

I'd venture to guess there's more work for non broadcast than broadcast... but that said, if you watch the scopes, and use the MXO's output, you're certainly going to be within broadcast safe, and very close to what you'd see if you were using a calibrated broadcast monitor for the work.

I'd agree that there are better solutions, however the cost differential is pretty large.. JVC's line of LCD's are looking good for sure... but they start at about 3500... Cripes they quit making CRT's too soon IMHO. Add an MXO at the lower end of things and you're over 5k for a monitoring solution. The Io HD would add another 2500 to the solution.

Best of course would cost a lot more than that, but hey, I've used the MXO with a 23" CD as have many others for broadcast work, and I've not had anybody send back the master because it didn't pass...

Shane's review of the MXO is pretty much what I experience with it. If you don't see a difference side by side with a calibrated monitor, I think there is no difference. Other than those blacks not being really really black. I watched scopes for that measurement. It's certainly better than naught. It does a fine job showing interlaced video on an Apple LCD too.

Jerry

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]