FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Building a FCP/Aja IO HD Workstation

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Building a FCP/Aja IO HD Workstation
on Nov 29, 2007 at 4:05:38 pm

The Io HD will source uncompressed HD, but it will transcode that to ProRes... IMHO for most projects this is quite acceptable.

The FW 800 drives would require another FW card to add a bus for them, IO won't share a FW bus with FW drives... They should work OK for a stream of ProRes as long as they are fastish... ESata is a better solution. (It's faster , and costs just a bit more is all) http://www.barefeats.com is a great place to look at speed tests of the drives...

Io's analog outputs will give you what you need for audio monitoring... no need for a card if you're happy with up to 4 channels of analog out (i.e. no surround sound without a card to support it.)

I'd look at a Pro monitor instead... but it will work with the LCD you mention, however there's no way to set up that monitor for critical color correction... (i.e., no blue only available on it) I'd look at the JVC line of pro LCD's for this... probably fine for a client monitor, and the iO would run that plus the editor's critically setup pro monitor.

Jerry

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]