FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Kona LHe and Premiere CS5.5 �No Go?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Brown
Re: Kona LHe and Premiere CS5.5 �No Go?
on Jul 14, 2011 at 3:32:12 am

Smoke is an awesome system. I did the training classes at Autodesk in Venice CA which is a great way to learn it as it's not like anything else. I wouldn't call it a fast turn around box though, it's much more of a finesse box. But the keying is great, color correction great, rotoing great and it has a really cool 3d DVE where you can load in 3d objects etc. And the output looks great.

The way to think of the Smoke is as a good - but not great - editor but with Flame like effects abilities. The editing functions are fine but you are limited to one screen so it's harder to deal with larger amounts of material. And some of their methodology is really hard to get used to as far as editing is concerned.

But it's loaded with all the real tools you need like pulldown removal, de-interlace, re-interlace, grain matching etc. to allow you to do some really good comps. And once you finish your comp you just drop it back in your timeline and you can play it out in context in realtime.

But this system uses a methodology where you render as you go and so when you are ready to export, it's rendered. I see why Premiere does it the way it does it but clients will balk at the slow exports - in my world at least.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]