FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Kona LHe and Premiere CS5.5 �No Go?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Brown
Re: Kona LHe and Premiere CS5.5 �No Go?
on Jul 13, 2011 at 3:11:52 am

I also wanted to add, I've been doing some testing and the different codecs take different amounts of time to render. In PPro you set your Preview Rendering codec and DNX is much slower than ProRes. I'm still liking ProRes at the moment. AVC Intra is fast to preview to but a weird one to master to as it creates this whole directory structure to put the file in unless I'm doing something wrong. I also got some pretty nasty sparkles converting an H264 to AVC-I yesterday. Not there in ProRes.

I think this is something PPro really needs to figure out. They need a good codec that is very ProRes like and that has good multigenerational qualities and that works in Mac and Win. Ideally if you rendered out your timeline as previews you should have the option of using those existing render files during export to save time. This is how FCP and Smoke work. Of course Smoke is uncompressed but a lot of clients are going to wonder why you have to re-render it even though you've already rendered it. I work in a lot of tight turnaround situations though.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]