FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere render setting for Kona?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ken Pugh
Premiere render setting for Kona?
on Jul 1, 2011 at 12:54:47 pm

Anyone know the correct sequence settings to get real time Kona output, to match FCP?

Using some test HDV footage I'm now getting good playback from a single clip, but as soon as I apply any kind of transformation I loose real time playback on the Kona - the screen flickers wildly (although Premiere still plays back in real time on the computer screen).

Even if I render I still get screen flicker, so in sequence settings I change the preview file format (the render codec?) from the default I-frame Only MPEG to 1440x1080i25 HDV, this enables the codec drop down underneath, which I then change to ProRes 422.

After a render this now plays fine - but it all seems a bit hit and miss - not sure I fully understand the logic of what's going on here.... and be nice not to get some real-time functionality back.

Anyone cracked the best sequence settings? Or is the Kona real-time functionality a lot more limited in Premiere, compared to FCP?

Finally - if this is indeed how things work - be nice if the Kona could just output a black screen when in real-time mode, instead of the wild flickering - looks a bit disturbing from the clients perspective!

Cheers,

Ken.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]