FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve and Kona

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stuart Smith
Resolve and Kona
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:10:13 pm

First off, I'm cross posting this to Kona and DaVinci forums in the hope that it may get things moving.

I know this subject has been beaten to death before, but I'm hopeful one of the company representatives that read these forums may get the ball rolling in regard to Resolve running with a Kona3/3G card

We would love to move to Resolve from Color but all of our systems are running Kona 3's. Because of too many reasons to list, it's simply not possible for us to switch to DeckLink.

However we do want to start running Resolve.

This is the reply I get from AJA when I ask about it:

"We aren't aware of any plans for these companies. It is advisable to contact them directly"....."again, support is done thru their tech."

And I've heard second hand, from a very reliable source, that this quote can be contributed to BlackMagic:

"(BlackMagic representative) they were willing to support AJA with the Resolve. But they would not write the drivers or anything like that, that would be up to AJA."

We have plenty of BlackMagic converter boxes and we have plenty of AJA Kona boxes, so we're not favoring one company over the other.

I think in this day and age both companies would be able to see why it is no longer beneficial to be mutually independent on all fronts. Yes AJA and BlackMagic are competitors in some areas, but not in supporting this software.

Kona and Resolve supporting each other would be beneficial to both companies. BlackMagic would sell more software and AJA would stop people from jumping ship to the DeckLink when they want to move from Color to Resolve.

Just my 2 cents

Stuart

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]