FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: KUMO (Physical Control Unit?)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: KUMO (Physical Control Unit?)
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:47:35 pm

I have not had a KUMO in my hands, but it is one of the top things I want to see at NAB. With that said, when I first saw the Blackmagic videohub series, I said "where is the damn control panel" - but once you realize where our industry is going - you realize that the days of "having the tape in your hands", or "pushing the button" are over. The Blackmagic software control panel is very very easy to use, and lets any editor (or anyone with a computer) have quick access to the router. I am sure that AJA will provide the same thing.

When I first saw the AJA FS1, I said "where are the damn knobs", but again, the web interface is so easy to use, and so intuitive, that you quickly realize, that from ONE WORKSTATION, you can control your edit system, your routers, your AJA FS1, and other products that will be developed like this, simply by selecting a different "bookmark" on your web browser. The buttons on the FS1 turn into a nusance, and are really for maintenance of the unit, not for day to day operation. The web browser however, is WONDERFUL.

I am one of those guys that said "I just want to push a damn button", but as I realize that videotape is going the way of CRT monitors (I can't color correct on an LCD) - you start to quickly accept that the AJA KUMO only needs a web interface, and if your truck, or master control room, or edit suite does not have a computer in it, to control ALL of these modern devices, then your company is doomed, having employees that want things to be "just like in the good old days".

I cannot wait to get my hands on a KUMO. Who is better than AJA !

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]