FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Sync all over the place

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcock
Re: Sync all over the place
on Apr 2, 2010 at 1:25:55 pm

[Ken Glaza] " I like a brisk conversation but can we dispense with the slams Mr. Moderator? "

I did not slam anything but your statements, which still I believe to be inaccurate here in a Manufacturers forum on professional video hardware editing tools and the formats used therein.

They have little to do with the issue the original user was referring to and have now become a obtuse discussion without regard to solving someone's editing problems with a specific piece of hardware.

There is no way I know of to incorporate audio into a SINGLE frame of video, be it 1/24 of a second or 1/60 of a second, as then it would no longer be a frame.-

Now a muxed (multiplexed) signal can be have a length of a single frame and incorporate video and audio, but then it would no longer be a 'Frame' in the video since.

The term "Interlaced" in this space is more commonly used regarding the alternate line by line playout of Video based on the decay of phosphors when the specifications for Color TV were established for by the National Television Standards Committee in 1953.
I can find no mention of anything such as interlacing of audio in the current NTSC specs, nor any I can find any listing whatsoever in either the EBU or the SMPTE standards manuals, the 2 organizations that govern video and audio transmission for broadcast.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]