FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Sync all over the place

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ken Glaza
Re: Sync all over the place
on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:35:05 am

Interlaced means that the audio is broken into pieces and put with each frame of picture. Some softwares separate them into two files. Pictures only and sound only. The only common point is that they both start at the same time. Kinda like the way film and sound start at the movie set. The slate is the only sync point in common (click visual with click in sound to match the frame at the beginning) Then the sproket holes keep them together in time as long as they turn at the same rate. Look at where you store your intermediate workfiles. If they are separated then you may be having an issue with the sample rates of the audio. Your video frame rates may match but,the audio recorded time values (sample and bit depth)may not match the playback values so that it is reading audio at different rates then when first recorded or sampled. Kinda like you got extra or are missing sprocket holes in the audio. Check for drop frame option too. I still don't know what you are using as software and hardware. Call me for a free consultation 2485578276EST I do forensic audio and video and this is interesting to me for archival reasons.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]