FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: FCP Crashes with AJA Video Ouput Plug-In error

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Monro
Re: FCP Crashes with AJA Video Ouput Plug-In error
on Dec 9, 2009 at 6:50:28 pm

Yes, we have. Multiple users in multiple rooms. We've been working on the problem with AJA and Apple engineers as well as our engineers here at Turner. Unfortunately, we've had many, widely varied problems since upgrading to FCS3. At one point we upgraded our Kona drivers (to 7.1, I believe) and the problems worsened (as did non-accurate edits-to-tape) so we reverted.

It seems to occur most often with ProRes 422 HQ 23.98 media. The project that it was happening with is huge, leading to other lay-off problems (dropped frames) and was originally started in FCS2.

I posted on the Cow at some point, but It might have been in reference to the "green flashes" which sometimes precede the AJA error crash. Have you seen the green (and pink) flashing? Or that particular post?

So the bottom line is that we have no answer right at the moment. but we're working on it. Too many variables. I will tak to the other editors and see if we can't summarize what we've tried so far, and I'll post back - with something useful.

You're not alone...

Dan Monro
FCP, Avid, AfterFX, Atlanta
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.5.7
GeForce 8600M GT Final Cut Pro 6.0.5 Quicktime 7.6
- OR -
2 x 3.2 Quad Xeon; 16 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.5.8
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 Final Cut Pro 7 Quicktime 7.6.4

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread: