David Achilles
Re: Kona LHe and Snow Leopard upgrade issues
on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:13:17 pm

Not sure how to quote from other posts, but here are the answers:

You are Running Snow Leopard correct?
YES Ver.10.6.1

On what computer?
MacPro 2.6Ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 4gb ram

How are the LHe and the 5uld SCSI card installed (the order with the graphics card in slot 1)
LHe is in slot 3 at 4x and the UL5d is in slot 4 at 4x.

Why are you running SCSI in Snow? AND please tell us that you are NOT trying to run as 64bit on your OS or the Atto Driver?
How can I tell if the ATTO Driver is running at 64bit? And I am running SCSI because...it worked with OSX 10.5

What is the exact nature of the LHE problems?
Tearing and static in the SDI video feed, almost like Blackberry Cellular interferance, but its not...and now after about 30 minutes of editing, dropped frames that keep the system from playing. When I go in and change the "safe" and "Dynamic" playback modes, it allows for more editing again. My phase problems mentioned in my first post are gone as of this morning.

Still concerned from this line in your first post.
< I > I have now downconverted to AJA Kona control panel version 7.0 NDD...and the problem still exists. Any ideas? < /I >

IF you incorrectly updated the using the LHI v7.01 software - the only version with a greater release number than 7.0 - the card would have prompted you to update the firmware.
I have only installed 7.0 for the LHe, I have not installed any software for the LHi.

As Jeremy said, if it is there it is in the Applications > AJA Utilities > Kona Firmware updater would be in there if it was available, IF YOU RAN THE WRONG Card SOFTWARE there is no way to return the card back to a normal working state in Snow Leopard.
no worries here. No firmware update in AJA folder

and tell us you have stopped trying to use SAFE BOOT during uninstalls.
I have stopped. I repent. :)

Now make a list of ALL of these steps and then call AJA tech support.
OK, now I will call...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]