FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona LHI & Native XDCAM Ex

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Akbar Ukani
AJA Kona LHI & Native XDCAM Ex
on Jun 2, 2009 at 1:02:24 am

Hi all...I am just looking for some clarification regarding the Kona LHI and Native XDcam footage...I asked an AJA rep whether the LHI card can assist me in monitoring NATIVE XDcam footage from my FCP timeline and here is the answer I recieved...and I quote

"All AJA cards accept UNCOMPRESSED video only and output the same. When working in the XDCam codec with FCP I am not aware of there being any complaints about dropped frames. There are, of course some important settings you need set but beyond that all should work well in your system"

Basically, I am looking for a solution where I can color grade and monitor native xdcam ex footage (weddings and corporate events)...I would like the option to ingest footage also just incase I wish to work with 4:2:2 footage instead of 4:2:0....

I went with the MXO2 and I constantly kept getting dropped frames with native 720p60 footage during playback on my Plasma HDTV....It would eventually hog up all 8Gb of my memory making my CPU really slow...I would have only about 200-250Mb of free RAM. Matrox Tech support cannot come to a solution so I had to RMA the product

any suggestions or solutions with AJA that help me?

Akbar

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66Ghz
8Gb RAM
FCP 6.0.5
2 non-raid Hitachi SATA II drives for Audio Video

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]