FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: You want HDMI, Here have this

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

AJA Sales Department
Re: You want HDMI, Here have this
on Apr 22, 2009 at 12:58:26 pm

Peter... I think the "I didn't get a response" is exaggerated by the comparative time you might be posting your questions since you are on Australian time mate... we are doing our very best to answer questions in a timely fashion.

From the CML (Cinematograpy Mailing List) reply to your question posted by the AJA Product Manager regarding handheld work with the unit:

Peter C. - Handheld configuration is totally possible... in fact I was really excited to show it at NAB, but was over-ruled by my superiors because we are trying to communicate so much about the product here at NAB and I only had time to get a few low quality shots of myself with the unit shoulder mounted. I have images taken by a co-worker of me handholding the unit on my iPhone if anyone stops by the booth at NAB and can find me! Basically, using our Exoskeleton for the product, you invert the rod endplates, so that instead of mounting rod accessories to the unit as you do now, you mount Ki Pro to an existing set of rods and a baseplate/shoulder mount to place the unit above the bottom of the camera. In the end this very elegant actually and can somewhat transform small cameras with the "hold me at arms length and get tired easy because the camera is not properly on my shoulder design" to a viable shoulder design. In my initial testing, I use a Zacuto universal baseplate, simple shoulder pad and a follow focus as a grip for my left side (I'd want that piece anyhow!) to achieve what I'm describing. But a picture is worth a thousand words, so wait for the professional photos - not an iPhone image of me- to see how nice this actually can be... particularly with your A.C. using the iPhone or iPod Touch to arm your recording - even set your clip name - while you keep the camera on your shoulder... as a camera operator/1st A.C./D.P. I am pretty excited to go shoot with beta units handheld after NAB is over!

Hopefully this information is useful... we will do our best to answer questions on all of the forums, but timely answers may be difficult until the conclusion of NAB.

Regards,
AJA Sales Department

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]