FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 23.93psf playback on DLP monitor

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Kahn
1080 23.93psf playback on DLP monitor
on Oct 28, 2008 at 4:23:15 pm

I am trying to get a client to be able to work with a DLP monitor to use as a client monitor. Here's the set up:

FCP 6.0.4
Kona 3
SD NTSC Client Monitor
50" DLP

Currently we have the SD monitor hooked up to the Kona through component cables and are taking component out of that monitor into the DLP. I know that it's impossible to get an HD image this way and they are complaining they want HD on the DLP. So I tell them it's one or the other, we don't have an HD client monitor to give them. I tell them if they want HD on the monitor they will have to give up the SD client monitor and they say thats fine.

Now I run component out of the Kona and into the DLP but it says it can't handle the picture because it's 23.98. I've told it to put out 1080i29.97 as the secondary source and choose that in my analog out but it changes back to 23.98 once I go into FCP. When I tell it the secondary format is 525i29.97 it has no problem downconverting and displaying the image. If I change the video out setting in FCP to 1080i29.97 I can get an image but it doesn't play back, it just shows the first frame I am on and changes to whatever frame I stop on.

Is there any way using this set up to get this DLP to display properly?

Mike

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]