FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 10.5.3 precautions for MAC PRO desktops and IoHD (somehow an iphone got let in...)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mitch Ives
Re: 10.5.3 precautions for MAC PRO desktops and IoHD (somehow an iphone got let in...)
on Jun 9, 2008 at 1:51:19 pm

[john ladle] "everything will always do what it did if you don't update it. its just that chase for one more new feature that keeps it exciting... "

I disagree. Things have become far more inter-dependent, forcing you to upgrade to fix one problem, only to create another. The days of saying "I just won't be an early adopter" are over. Many of us had to go to 10.5.3 to fix some glaring problems whether we wanted to or not.

[john ladle] the iphone has nothing to do with it, it only helps apple to be a stronger company.

i really cant remember too many times in FCP's history--or avid's for that matter that dont have some degree of excitement. FCP had a very small crew and there was no pro applications division. now they have quite a suite of products and programmers who were never there before. (fcp 1.2.5 with QT 4.1.2 was finally stable...but it bloated the installer larger than 20 MB!) all of the uproar with 10.5 is nothing compared 10.3.x, 7.5.x, as well as vista and all previous service packs for windows... "

The iPhone has been acknowledged as the reason for pulling so many OS X programmers away from OS X. The latest round of 10.5.3, FCP 6.0.3 and QT 7.4.5 have caused more problems than we've every experienced in the past.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but the morale in the Pro Apps division seems to be at an all time low. Many of us have been told that there are less programmers there now, than before, so your comments are interesting. The complete "head in the sand" over Blue-Ray support only punctuates this...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]