FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Building a new Workflow!

COW Forums : Storage & Archiving

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fred Jodry
Re: Building a new Workflow!
on Oct 20, 2010 at 1:58:35 am

Joel, not to cut down next answers like Bob`s at all but I thought I`d push in some quick themes.
1. Three backups? Oh by the way, three people? At least three recorder- players of the backup material, preferrably with a spare, and likely at least a knick- knack spare of the same for special purposes like testing, files renaming, or formatting. In other words, stuff that gets in the way, is special. Backup type should be in different form of storage than what you`re rolling, which is usually hard drives.
2. (Gary and I are headaching this one on the ARRI forum right now as we type): Put a booster processor right inside the backup system so that beast, and things that go along with it like visible electricity, turn on and off right with the backup system, leaving the regular sized works regular.
3. Build more backup and horsepower than you need and throttle down. I like variable speed equipment if possible.
4. Adding new workers to a fallen behind project will always make it drag even more.
5. All that increased rug dust will really beat a path to your machines, watch out!
6. My own theory, get home from work as soon as possible so you`ll have 13 hours to wind down and play, sleep (?), then get to work first, to be the morning hero at work. Guess when they`ll need you most.
-These were the quickies, shoot me for not writing the fine stuff. Your title says it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]