wiring - license?

COW Forums : Storage & Archiving

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eric Hansen
wiring - license?
on May 8, 2010 at 12:52:53 am

hey all

in my previous Ethernet SAN installations (and Xsan installations), i worked in facilities that had drop down ceilings. i just ran the wiring myself directly from system to system and made it look as clean as possible. but no real in-wall stuff and no terminations or wall plates. for my last Ethernet SAN install, it was a brand new building and the contractor told me that i would need a low voltage license to do the ethernet wiring. he said as a general rule, anything that would be considered permanent (in-wall runs, wall plates, etc; if the business moved the wiring would stay) would need a license. anything "temporary" like my drop down ceiling installs, would not. so for that last install i hired a local networking company to run the wires for me.

does anyone else here do this? has anyone else dealt with brand new buildings, codes and licensing? i'm looking at a new project that would be in a new build out, and based on how much the last networking guys charged, i could make a healthy profit doing it myself instead of hiring for it.

thanks

e

Eric Hansen - http://www.erichansen.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]