FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 4K (and beyond) workflow for sports shooting

COW Forums : Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: 4K (and beyond) workflow for sports shooting
on Mar 8, 2018 at 6:01:31 am

Bit late to the party, and curious to know how your system worked. Did anyone contribute to your costs?

Trying to pick and pull all the good bits would take me hours and would end up with probably at least 1/3 of the video still needing to be stored to cover all the kids

That is kinda the point. You are talking about 30 games, and using your math, 8 to 10 TBs of storage...why wouldn't you want to reduce this by 2/3rds?

As well, speaking as someone who did this for my kids hockey teams for years...it is much easier to clip up the games immediately after they are done, while it is still fresh in your mind, then it is to go through 30 games at the end of the season. I would subclip the items based on the kids name and number, and then when the year was done, I would have everything ready to go.

As for 1 hour cinema DNG being smaller than DNX...There are a lot of compressed versions of the raw cinema DNG, and the numbers change quite a bit...but I'm not sure about 100 gigs for an hour...seems a bit small. I've seen numbers closer to 480 gigs, but I'm not sure what compression they were using, or frame rate.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]