FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: 4K (and beyond) workflow for sports shooting

COW Forums : Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

greg janza
Re: 4K (and beyond) workflow for sports shooting
on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:12:12 am

kevin, yes I've worked in professional sports programming so I have experience with highlight reels.

As to your intentions, wow!! you might be in the running for parent of the year honors. I've worked in professional video for over 25 years and I'm a parent of two kids (one in competitive soccer) and I gotta say I would never even contemplate what you're thinking about doing. But I also don't want to be working on video projects in my spare time.

As long as you know going into it that this is not a profit making venture then heck, go for it. I guess I'd ask other people in the league if they know of other parent videographers and maybe you can get tips and tricks.

as for compressing dnxhr/pro-res, you could simply make high quality h264 files from the dnx and use those as your masters. the default youtube settings in media encoder will make a file that you would have quite a hard time noticing being any different than your dnx master files.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]