FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shopping for Shared Storage - LumaForage, ProMAX, etc.?

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan DeChaine
Shopping for Shared Storage - LumaForage, ProMAX, etc.?
on Feb 19, 2019 at 2:37:31 pm

Hello,

The company is work for is new to shared storage (as am I) and we will be making a significant investment in a system soon. We produce ~ 8-15 original videos weekly primarily for digital distribution (driving web and social traffic as well as some production). Our 2 primary immediate needs are 1) shared storage and 2) an offsite LTO backup. Although the ProMAX Platform is attractive/likely great and my trusted reseller partner has my best interests in mind, I'm still a little uncertain about needing the overall package and price that goes along with it (integrated shared storage, MAM, LTO w/ single UI). The other system that has attracted my attention is the LumaForge Jellyfish Tower (120TB). The LumaForge is certainly less intimidating from an IT, hardware and ongoing service/support standpoint. My hesitation with ProMAX is that I don't know if I need a MAM -- 98% of our edits consist of new video (not archival). I'm having a hard time envisioning taking the time meta tagging files as our business is very much driven around new, more and faster.

Given my server inexperience, a craw, walk, run pace of shared storage familiarization is more in my comfort zone, e.g., as I ease in and build knowledge, perhaps I will want to add a MAM, but would rather treat that as a decision onto itself after meeting known/immediate needs (shared storage and offset LTO backup).

Thanks a bunch for any time spent sharing your thoughts.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]