Re: Consulting for new workstations, server (or NAS), network, etc - Seattle

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nathaniel Cooper
Re: Consulting for new workstations, server (or NAS), network, etc - Seattle
on Jan 17, 2018 at 3:23:17 pm

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for posting, sounds like you're looking in a lot of the right area's. All of the options you mentioned are good ones, Bob knows his stuff and from my understanding is mostly recommending QNAP. 1303 is a reseller out of Colorado, and to Bob's point, yes, they mostly do Quantum which is almost assuredly a direction you don't want to go. SNS is a good option, and Small Tree is a good option; they both make their own servers (which differs from Bob/1303) and have both been doing this a long time with a lot of happy clients.

Product-wise, the common ones that you are missing are EditShare, ProMAX & Facilis.

With the set up they currently have, I'd recommend checking out ProMAX Platform, as you mentioned both Thunderbolt storage, as well as Ae/C4D rendering. The Platform allows you to connect their existing thunderbolt RAID and use that as part of the shared network, no different than if it were built in storage. The Platform also allows you to offload Ae/C4D renders to the server itself. I'm pretty sure both of these are unique to ProMAX and tend to be well liked features. That said, I do work at ProMAX so I am partial 😉

Good luck in your search!

Nathaniel Cooper

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]