FORUMS: list search recent posts

Consulting for new workstations, server (or NAS), network, etc - Seattle

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chuck Kenney
Consulting for new workstations, server (or NAS), network, etc - Seattle
on Jan 15, 2018 at 6:52:11 pm

I do general IT for a (currently) all Mac video editing shop of about 5-10 people. They use Mac Pros, and connect to a Mac Mini with a TB raid shared over a 10Gbit network, as well as a pile of thunderbolt 2 drives direct connected to the workstations. Premiere, After Effects, and C4D.

They're growing, and are at the limit of what their equipment can do, and are in need of a new storage solution, likely new workstations (probably PC), and maybe something to help speed up rendering. Their time frame is staggered out through the next months.

I don't have the knowledge about video and video workflows to recommend a correct solution or set of equipment for them, so I am looking for a consultant that can work with them, talk about workflow and such, and recommend and help install a full setup, as I want to make sure the equipment they get will properly meet their needs.
(Due to how I'm contracted and the other work I do, I don't have the time to dig in and really learn what I feel would be enough about video to recommend a system from scratch)

They're in Seattle, someone local would be amazing, but they are willing to work over the phone/facetime/whatever if I can find someone who is willing to help remotely too.

I'm already aware of Small Tree, 1303 Systems, Bob Zelin, and SNS, and am planning on reaching out to them directly. If anyone has any other recommendations, I'm all ears.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]