FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Synology Support 3-4 Concurrent Video Editors?

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Zachary Maxwell
Can Synology Support 3-4 Concurrent Video Editors?
on Aug 23, 2019 at 3:17:16 pm

I originally posted this on the Synology forums, but I thought it might be better to post it here.

I'm currently doing research on storage solutions for my company and was wondering if you can answer a few questions.

a. Why are there no Video House Case studies on Synology? It makes me doubt if they can handle the required sustained speeds.

b. But more importantly, we're trying to find a storage system (we need about 48TB of working space) that can easily support 3 (maybe 4 in the future) concurrent editors on Mac and PC (but we can switch to Mac if needed). The odd thing is, if we look at the costs of SNS or Jellyfish, the costs are exorbitantly higher than Synology systems for virtually the same specs on paper. We have in-house IT that would set up the raid system, but it unnerving that I've seen maybe 3 videos on Synology for video editors and as @bob_zelin pointed out, there isn't any advertisement for media houses on the Synology site or in the forums. All editors are working with 1080p ProRes 422, one editor consistently works with ProRes 4k 422 on a 1080p timeline, but we want to prepare for all 3 (maybe 4) to be able to edit mixed 1080p and 4k simultaneously.

Any input would be of great help as we out to sea on if this is a viable option for us!

Zach

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]