FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Any thoughts on the QNAP TVS-672XT?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Remich
Re: Any thoughts on the QNAP TVS-672XT?
on Aug 15, 2019 at 6:03:12 pm

Definitely not a kid, but I'll just let that go and move on. And hopefully they are reading it, because 8TB drives are currently selling for under $200 on amazon. What can I say, progress marches on and cheers to QNAP and Synology...

Thanks for your responses and input. The one last question I have is if you have any thoughts on the QNAP TS-873 box (filled with 8TB iron wolf drives in RAID 6 😉, upgraded to 16GB of RAM and fitted with a 10Gbe aquantia card). Decent box? P.O.S.? No opinion/haven't used it?

It has a quad-core AMD processor, which obviously isn't as good as the 6-core Intel processor in the 872XT, but do you think it would be a bottleneck for use as a video editing server in a small studio situation? I've read other posts where you've said that QNAP NAS boxes are a minefield of good and crap and I'm not sure where this one falls on that scale. I also haven't been able to find many useful, real-world reviews.

The thought was if Thunderbolt 3 performance is going to be "disappointing", maybe it would be better to get an 8-disk box without it and put more money into 10gbe cards/adapters for every computer.

-Steve

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]