FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Any thoughts on the QNAP TVS-672XT?

COW Forums : NAS - Network Attached Storage

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: Any thoughts on the QNAP TVS-672XT?
on Aug 15, 2019 at 5:32:43 pm

2) RAID 5 and RAID 6 is not a false sense of protection. Who is the author of that article anyway ?
Every hardware RAID company (and software RAID company) endorses RAID 5 and RAID 6, and this has been the case for a long time (and today there is RIAD 50 and RAID 60 - in the Stone Age there was RAID 1 and RAID 3). RAID is not backup - if you get severe data corruption, which is rare, you will not be able to see your media. I have never seen this on a QNAP. They give you a utility called "Check File System" which is like Alsoft Disk Warrior in case of protection. But when a drive fails, you have RAID 5 or RAID 6 protection from losing all your data. RAID 0 is just suicide, because let me assure you - you WILL lose a drive one day, and at RAID 0, you will lose all your data.

3) 16 Gig is more than enough for 2 users. Actually 8 gig is enough, but it's nice to have 16 because you will have more users soon.

4) what can I say - try it. See what happens. The extra 10G card is only $89
Yes, you can do a Thunderbolt 3 and a 10G connection at the same time.

6) oh, I hope other manufacturers read this thread. You say "30 - 40 TB of shared storage for $3000 is not asking for the moon". Oh ho ho - ha ha ha. I hope everyone charging
$25,000 and above for this much storage is reading your thread here !!! It is asking for the moon (you must be a kid) - but thanks to QNAP and Synology - you can do it.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]