FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Black Magic Cinema Cam vs PMW-200 for events, pros and cons?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread


Bill Magac
Re: Black Magic Cinema Cam vs PMW-200 for events, pros and cons?
on Jan 31, 2013 at 6:03:55 am

Tom,

I am also considering purchasing a PMW-200 or BMCC. One thing that has not been mentioned is the camera's sensor sizes. The PMW-200 has a 1/2 inch sensor whereas the BMCC has a larger micro 4/3 sensor. With a larger sensor the BMCC will offer a shallower depth of field if needed. As a former still camera wedding photographer in the pre-digital days, shot weddings with a Mamiya RZ, depth of field can make a big difference in the look of your wedding footage. I am also considering the updated Panasonic AG-AF100A 4/3 camera, which retails for around $4,100.00 USD. The Panasonic camera offers an "enhanced 8-bit 4:2:2" output, which Panasonic advertises as 10-bit. Also, with the proper adapter, you may be able to use your existing lenses. I was once advised to buy a camera that meets 80% of your needs and rent a camera for the remaining 20%.

Good luck,
Bill


Posts IndexRead Thread 


Current Message Thread:





© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]