Re: Camera Recommendations?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter DeArmond
Re: Camera Recommendations?
on May 23, 2010 at 4:10:37 am

Bob,

Sorry I'm so late in responding to your post. I've been a Media 100 user for many years, and I will be getting the JVC HM700U within the next couple of weeks. You should know that JVC advertises the compatibility with Final Cut Pro for obvious reasons (FCP is better known than Media 100), but it's really just a .mov (QuickTime) file format that they're using to wrap the video files in. That means that your JVC files will be just as compatible with Media 100 as they will be with FCP.

To test this, I downloaded some sample 700U files that were shot in 1080p and 720p, and I just dragged and dropped them onto my Media 100 bin window. This ease of workflow is one of several reasons why I chose the 700U -- I think Jon Leyse (above) listed some excellent reasons, too.

Ever since Boris bought Media 100, some wonderful improvements have been made to that product. It's still by far the easiest to use NLE, (IMHO) and it does everything I need. Too bad it doesn't get the attention that FCP gets.

I commend JVC for being the first company to work with Apple to provide .mov files right out of the camera. That's one of the primary reasons they're getting my business.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]