FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I set a global output destination when batch encoding media?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen Mark
How do I set a global output destination when batch encoding media?
on Feb 17, 2013 at 7:05:58 pm

I wanted to use Media Encoder to convert some XDCAM footage to ProRes. I imported the footage, selected all, and applied a ProRes preset. That seemed to work for globally setting the preset. But I wanted the footage to go to a new folder on a different hard drive. I had about 50 clips in the cue and when I had imported them, they defaulted to all wanting to be exported to the folder in which they currently lived. I searched in vain for a way to reset the output so that I could send all the clips to that new folder with one operation (i.e. applying the new destination globally). Instead it seemed I would have to select each clip individually and choose the save folder under the output drop down one clip at a time.

What I eventually did was to copy the files into the new output folder and then encode them from there. The problem with that, of course, is that after encoding, I have to go into the folder, delete the originals, and rename the new files to match the original names. I got done what I wanted, but it was an annoying way to work.

I can find no help info anywhere on the proper procedure for doing this sort of transcode. I can't believe that my work around is the actual plan. Can anyone tell me how the program is supposed to work for this sort of task?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]