Re: Video Formats and UK compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: Video Formats and UK compatibility
on Nov 13, 2018 at 4:17:22 pm

Hi Phil,

Unlike physical media such as a tape or DVD, computers/devices are not tied to NTSC or PAL video limitations or specific frame rates - a digital file will work anywhere in the world - however the playback device must be capable of playing the format you are supplying and Ryan is correct that .mp4 is the de facto standard for wide compatibility with most any computer or device. Windows Media is unfortunately not going to be viewable for Mac, tablet, or phone customers.

I know what you mean about file size - many years ago, I did an instructional video (computer screen recordings) that ran about 3 hours. It was amazing how economical .wmv files were for that purpose! In my case, the viewer would always be on a PC since the training was PC-specific. That was before phones and tablets were in vogue for watching video and those screens are too small anyway for what I was showing.

With any codec you encoding too, the only way to make the file smaller is to lower the bitrate, as size= duration x bitrate, plain and simple. Try lowering the bit rate, perhaps increase the distance between keyframes. If you can perhaps share a screen shot of your export encoder settings for review, we can make suggestions on how to shrink the file size to something more palatable.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]