Re: Encoding MTS to anything else - audio becomes noise

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: Encoding MTS to anything else - audio becomes noise
on Feb 8, 2017 at 2:50:39 pm

Hi Robert,

You are using old, obsolete software with CS4, so it may not even fully support the format you are trying to edit.

That said, using Media Browser with any Premiere version has many benefits. For instance, long recordings of AVCHD may break up the recording into smaller chunks. By using Media Browser to import, Premiere will bring in the pieces as one continuous clip with no gaps in it. Audio is another thing that can benefit from this import method in many cases. This will not happen with "File > Import".

Honestly, I was not even aware of the "right-click and Import" in Media Browser. I simply dig down through AVCHD folder structure until it starts finding my clips. Then I multi-select the ones I want and drag them to the timeline or Project Bin.

That's about all I can tell you. If by any means you could get into a newer version of Premiere, I have no doubt that would help the situation. As I recall, CS4 was just a buggy version that was never quite right to start with. Think Windows Vista for instance.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]