FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Clifford Sonnentag
Re: Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online
on Dec 11, 2015 at 5:56:09 pm
Last Edited By Clifford Sonnentag on Dec 11, 2015 at 5:58:07 pm

There is a major bug in AME that causes encoding to show "Media Offline" messages when using After Effects linked footage in a premiere timeline. I've tested this on about 5 systems running in different environments. I've reported this bug multiple times. This bug has been around for 6+ months. This bug is causing very bad production problems for our team.

The bug is simply that AE clips imported into Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link export as "Media Offline" in Adobe Media Encoder.

There are a few workarounds I have found, some are ridiculous:

• Uncheck "Import sequences nativley" in AME preferences (Add hours to render time)

• Clear media cache in AE, PP, AME, then restart your computer.

• Render and replace AE clips in PP timeline. (lose all dynamic text content from AE)

• Best workaround for now is to open the task manager and close AfterFX.exe and possibly Adobe QT32 Server.exe, if that doesn't work you need to close all adobe apps then close them in task manager also. Then reopen and resume work.

• The steps to reproduce the bug:

Open AE, PP, and AME
    Make a composition in AE
    Drag comp to Premiere (Dynamic Link)
    Use that comp in a timeline.
    Ctrl-M (Export) to AME queue (This renders okay)
    In AE, duplicate the comp previously made
    Drag that new comp to Premiere (Dynamic Link)
    Replace that new comp in place of the old comp in the previously created timeline.
    Ctrl-M (Export) to AME queue (This renders "Media Offline")

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]