FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kristopher Wile
Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online
on Jan 4, 2015 at 12:01:11 pm
Last Edited By Kristopher Wile on Jan 4, 2015 at 12:01:16 pm

Kind of stumped on this one. I have a series of videos I have to batch output for a client. I'm using Adobe Premiere for the editing and have been using After Effects for some heavy duty color correction.

My workflow consists of:

1) Create edited sequence in Premiere
2) Within the Premiere sequence, highlight all of the clips and select "Replace with After Effects Composition"
3) After Effects imports the entire sequence as a comp with each clip as a layer in the comp for me to color correct
4) After color correction in AE, from within Premiere, I export the sequence, set-up my export settings, and queue it for Media Encoder
5) Begin the encode of the queued items within media Encoder

This is where it gets wonky, and I've never had this issue before. When I click the button to run the batch within Media Encoder, instead of showing the video preview at the bottom of the window like normal, it shows the red "Media Offline" warning screen. And when I stop the encode and check the outputted file (what was rendered of it) it's the same red warning screen.

If I render within Premiere instead of Media Encoder, the video renders just fine. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing offline about any of my footage. Maybe it's a dynamic link issue between Encoder and Premiere? (can't be between Premiere and AE, because the AE replacement comp populates and renders just fine in Premiere)

I did some research and one solution someone suggested online is to clear the media cache for Encoder and Premiere respectively, close each program, then re-open them. I tried this, and it seemed to work. However, when Encoder got to the 2nd export in its queue, the same error occurred, and now my media cache trick isn't even working at all.

My issue is that, due to the heavy duty color correction this project necessitates, my render times are around 2hrs per video, and I have many of these videos I need to output while still using Premiere for other tasks which also have looming deadlines. So I can't afford to have Premiere tied up for hours at a time every time I want to render out a cut.

Does anyone have any idea why it's doing what it's doing and how to fix it? I'm really stumped.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]