FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: The Wizard of Oz, Apple, and the future of the MacPro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jiggy Gaton
Re: The Wizard of Oz, Apple, and the future of the MacPro
on Dec 20, 2012 at 2:54:22 pm

I totally agree with you Video Guys on the iMac... we have been using iMacs for video editing since 2007/8 without problem, relatively speaking, and when compared to the years before when we used PC Desktops. But times have changed eh, and I'm not sure a thinner iMac was needed, but instead, one that could be serviced/tweaked like an HP all in one. The newer iMacs seem to be a problem waiting to happen, and as for the 21" memory upgrade, forget it. Look, we got used to pulling apart an iMac using large suction cups but a guitar pick to break thru glue?!? Come on Apple... you once could do better. Now I'm ranting, but I don't mean to as I retired from the biz this year and my old 2008 iMac would have lasted me for the duration (As far as a desktop) until the upper backlight bulb burned out this month. That part is not replaceable, and the box now needs an entire display after 5 years of daily use. Not a bad lifetime for a desktop, but I sure miss the ol' gal. So I'm typing this post out on a 2008 MBP running Mountain Lion and running as strong as it ever did. It's probably the last laptop I will ever buy, and maybe the last Apple computer as well. I am getting all I need done these days on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, albeit the small screen size. I'm looking forward to perhaps a win8/9 or droid like desktop machine - if I ever get another. It would have to be 27" or larger, fold flat, be thin and light yet fixable, and be a wacom when I needed it. That's what I want on my retirement desk. I don't see Apple making anything like that, anytime soon... but I guess ya never know...

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]