Re: Video editing computer build

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Evan Newsome
Re: Video editing computer build
on Feb 15, 2009 at 6:12:52 pm

sorry for my 2 cents.
It looks like you are building a gamer/overclocker system.

PS: I think a 650-750W should be plenty
CASE: the Antec 1200 is a nice case. I just picked up a Cooler Master 690 for about half the price of the antec 1200, I like the way the Cooler Master mounts the HDDs. If you're looking to spend $180 on a case take a peek @ Cooler Master Storm Sniper.
MOBO: I like the gigabyte. More SATA ports. I just got the UD4P and it's about $50 cheaper than the UD5. plus external eSATA with power connections. So think about it, since they are about identical.
CPU: thumbs up (stock cooler is fine if your not going to overclock just take off the Manufacture's paste and put on good paste that covers the whole cooler's surface.- don't put too much though!)
RAM: I think you're buying overclocking gamer's RAM. I bought the next step down RAM. 6GB kit corsair TR3X6G1600C9 for $150 and I have a 7.5 rating from Windows. (the CPU is getting a 7.4 rating -not overclocked). And its is wayyyy cheaper than the memory you are planning on buying. yeah it is important to buy good memory, but not the 'best'. just stay away from word like generic or house brand.
HDD: has been covered already=1 drive. (to everyone that reads this--Make sure your drives are 7200 or higher-- samsung has a 1TB drive that is 5400. :shockSmile
Monitor: thumbs up. i think people said: at one time the dell is a rebadged samsung. (not sure if that is still true)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]