Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: NVidia GeForce GTX 285 Sluggish Performance

COW Forums : Apple FCPX Techniques

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve ConnorRe: NVidia GeForce GTX 285 Sluggish Performance
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 7:48:18 pm

[Don Smith] "From despair to euphoria!

I've already reported that the ATI 5770 card solved my FCPX performance problem but I may have also mentioned that the card won't drive both my 30" monitors at full res at the same time.

I was showing my supervisor the performance improvements in FCPX (running on the 30" monitor that was connected to the cards only DVI-D (dual-link) port and displaying FCPX at full res) but also talking about how I have to live with the other 30" monitor having one-half vertical res (and thus forcing one-half horizontal res and resulting in one-fourth the pixels on screen) and that I couldn't see more than one Finder window at a time. Like 1988!

He went to his office and pulled out a Mini-Display Port to Dual Link DVI converter! New in the box! I was skeptical though but I hooked it up and.. it works! Now I'm working on two 30" monitors both running at full res on a single ATI Radeon HD 5770 card. Many thanks to T and everyone for the he"

Great thread, thanks for posting

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]