APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Remote editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: Remote editing
on Mar 12, 2020 at 10:32:24 pm

[Terry Barnum] "last night I started playing with screen sharing and TeamViewer to at least be able to get to the FCPX editing systems. I was pleasantly surprised that the performance was pretty decent, though I know it's not going to be a long-term solution.

The problem is I can't get either one to pass the computer audio. Turns out this is a known and long-standing problem with TeamViewer. "

Recent versions of MacOS Messenger have remote screen sharing and remote control capability built in, however it has a similar limitation of not properly passing system audio. I think both systems must be on Mojave or later : https://support.apple.com/guide/messages/screen-sharing-icht11883/mac

I have done limited remote editing and it works OK, albeit sluggishly with no skimmer, sort of like Premiere ☺ I think it passes system audio but you don't have full control over the volume. It is OK for some cases but not for audio editing. It is very good for remote support where you don't want the person to install new software and you are not doing major editing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]