APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: forgot to format

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonny Cates
Re: forgot to format
on Feb 20, 2020 at 9:26:41 pm

Joe,
Thanks for the reply. No, there could not be any possibility of older libraries as you mentioned.
I'm running FCP 10.2.2 on a mac book pro. I created 3 libraries back in December and have been editing on these projects off and on for the last few weeks. Finished one project just fine. But now none of these libraries will open at all, after being opened and closed multiple times. They are all on the same 2 TB external, in which was NOT formatted before I started all this. My fault on that part.

This is the message I get when I try and open one of these libraries:

The file "CurrentVersion.flexolibrary" couldn't be opened because it isn't in the correct format.
(The file might be corrupted, truncated, or in an unexpected format.)

At this point I desperately need to save these files. The video files have to be there because the "get info" on that 2TB drive says there's 1.22 still available.
Disc utility can't fix this because it can't unmount the volume of course. I don't have Tech Tool or anything else at this point. Question: Can I just get another external, format it it Journaled and then clone the drive? Or will it clone the same problem?

Thanks again....getting a little panicky right now.

Jonny Cates

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]