APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Should new raids be formatted with AFPS to take advantage of Mojave and beyond?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Terry Flaxton
Re: Should new raids be formatted with AFPS to take advantage of Mojave and beyond?
on Jan 30, 2020 at 8:54:40 am

Well that's pretty bad news - one solution would be create a mojave or catalina boot volume on a small and therefore less expensive disk and then don't use it for anything else (which is what I'm doing at the moment). I bought an accelsior 4m2 which will do 6000 mb (apparently) in a new mac but only 1300 mb on my 5.1 tower but I'm using that for an FCP library and not using AFPS. I sought to extend the life of my old tower as it's served well but I guess I have to go for the new mac eventually.

I spoke to mac and they're calling it an obsolete machine... Steve Jobs will be rotating in his grave.

Anyone want to buy a mercedes droptop sports, a set of early DC comics including number one of daredevil and a Rickenbacker 4001 stereo bass from 1972? Outside the USA the kind of mac I need will amount to about $20k minimum (I run a lo tof 4k in layers). I'm now a stand alone maker of art with 40 years in the industry behind me - keeping up is getting harder ☺

Thanks for answering.

Made my first video in 1976, A long term programme maker, DP, editing etc - changing with AR/VR/MR media -

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]