APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Clip and timecode confusion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant Peacock
Re: Clip and timecode confusion
on Jan 24, 2020 at 6:04:33 pm

Thanks Doug and Brad for the follow-up. In the end, and relying on instincts, I looked up the latest method for trashing preferences (now pretty easy to do), and started a new Library, and did another import. This time, I directly pulled from the CF cards, generating optimized media without the intermediate step of cloning cards to the internal drive.

The resultant multicam file was mostly good. I was able to run 2 angles against a WAV audio file, using audio as the basis of sync. I was merrily cutting between angles and about ⅔ of the way along the timeline, video had again become uncoupled. I got by for the rest of the project with manually syncing up back to the relevant source clip in the Browser.

Mystery unsolved... Just hoping it doesn't show up again anytime soon. Pondering : I am now 2 updates behind in FCPX, due to the fact that this MBP8,3 (17" late 2011) can no longer access OS updates (topped out at 10.13.6, and FCPX 10.4.6. A long and productive companionship is about to wind down.

Grant.

Grant Peacock
Washington DC
GPI TV LLC

ENG and Cine-style
Cameras and Crews

http://www.gpi.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]